Active Multidisciplinary Societies
Founded in 1989, the SDSU Honors Council (HC) comprises student and faculty representatives of the Weber Honors College and the active campus-wide multidisciplinary honor societies: Mortar Board, Phi Beta Delta, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Eta Sigma, and Tau Sigma. The purposes of the Honors Council is to:
- act as an advisory and coordinating resource center for the multidisciplinary honor societies on campus;
- promote the specific interests of the above listed honor societies;
- promote the common concerns of all honor societies and honors programs at San Diego State University;
- cooperate with the faculty and administrative officers in developing and maintaining high academic standards;
- recognize students and faculty for their achievements in scholarship, leadership, and service, and
- represent the University’s honor societies on the Associated Students Council.